Building Tomorrow's Insurance Leaders
The primary goal of the Brantley Center is to develop the strongest possible program in risk management and insurance, consistent with the mission of the Walker College of Business. Input from the insurance industry is provided by an advisory board.
Specific objectives of the Center are as follows:
- Involve students with the insurance industry.
- Assist and provide students with opportunities to participate in professional designation and licensing programs.
- Encourage involvement by inviting industry leaders to participate in classes and speak to student organizations.
- Support research and faculty development.
- Direct research activities toward problems and questions of interest to the insurance industry.
- Assist the industry in the design and delivery of training and continuing education programs.
- Help educate the public about the role of insurance in modern life and the function and activities of the insurance industry.
Brantley Center Upcoming Events
RMI students earn third spot, globally, in Spencer-RIMS Risk Management Challenge
May 2, 2023
Three RMI students from Appalachian State University placed third in the 2023 Spencer-RIMS Risk Management Challenge, an 8-month-long, global com...
RMI Students Named Outstanding Undergraduate Students
Apr 24, 2023
Walker College of Business Honors Program Director Lori Medders welcomed a group of around 200 Appalachian State University students and their family ...
GIS Hosts Markel for GIS Speaker Series
Apr 19, 2023
The GIS student group welcomed Hollis Zyglocke, CPCU, Markel to AppState to make a presentation during one of the spring semester “Sp...