Building Tomorrow's Insurance Leaders
The primary goal of the Brantley Center is to develop the strongest possible program in risk management and insurance, consistent with the mission of the Walker College of Business. Input from the insurance industry is provided by an advisory board.
Specific objectives of the Center are as follows:
- Involve students with the insurance industry.
- Assist and provide students with opportunities to participate in professional designation and licensing programs.
- Encourage involvement by inviting industry leaders to participate in classes and speak to student organizations.
- Support research and faculty development.
- Direct research activities toward problems and questions of interest to the insurance industry.
- Assist the industry in the design and delivery of training and continuing education programs.
- Help educate the public about the role of insurance in modern life and the function and activities of the insurance industry.
Brantley Center Upcoming Events
AppState Insurance Students Return to London and Bermuda
After a several-year hiatus due to COVID-19, Appalachian State insurance students are finally able to return to traveling to London and Bermuda with t...
Marlett Featured in Article on Insurance Talent Recruitment and Student Athletes
Dr. David Marlett was featured in a March 3, 2023 article by Risk & Insurance which focused on the need for recruiting high-caliber talent into th...
Millner Embodies Excellence On and Off the Mat
Dubbed "King of Holmes" by the Watauga Democrat, Appalachian State risk management and insurance senior Jon Jon Millner secured the SoCon Conference t...